Thursday, December 27, 2007

Christmas bounty!


I almost titled this "Christmas booty," but I like to reserve the word "booty" for special occasions. Anyway, though I never quite got infected with the Christmas spirit this year like I have in years past, I really enjoyed seeing everyone open their gifts. I tried hard to tailor gifts to each person's personality or interests so they knew some thought went into choosing them. I think I succeeded for the most part, too. My favorite gift was the Egyptian hookah I got for my brother and sister-in-law. So pretty! (Though the one I got for them has a blue and gold glass base and a blue hose.)

I got some awesome things, too. A beautiful red scarf, glassware I've been coveting for two years, a toaster oven, a cute hat with dangly ear flaps, a couple comedy DVDs, the Brat Pack DVD collection that comes in a 3-ring binder, perfume, a mini-food processor, a cupcake carrier, the newest Cranium game, the Superbad special edition DVD, some candles, and the gift that keeps on giving...money! But this year wasn't about getting gifts at all...I would have been perfectly happy just giving and not receiving this year. I was just happy to see everyone gather together (at 3 different places this year!) and get along, have fun, make some unforgettable memories, and take pictures...definitely some priceless stuff.

I hope everyone had a very merry holiday, and best wishes for the new year!

(Coming up: a 2007 personal best-of list!)

1 comment:

Gail Dixon said...

I cannot believe we wrote such similar posts! I started mine yesterday, but was waiting to get the pic of Izzy and Dennis on there, which I finally did tonight. It truly was amazing.

Looking forward to your next post.