Thursday, February 28, 2008

Week from hell

Well, this has been...a week. And from what I can tell, it's not just me experiencing the suckage. Work is crazy, people are acting stupider than they normally do, traffic is horrendous, and the fucking wind won't let up no matter how much I plead with Mother Nature. And don't even get me started on my dog, whose pea soup-colored decoration of my kitchen and bathroom floors led to a three-hour odyssey that made me laugh AND cry. Yeah, it's been a week. I had a meltdown about BATTERIES at work yesterday. That's how bad it's been.

Luckily, there's a blinding, beautiful light at the end of the tunnel, and that's the HOUSE! We pick up our keys tomorrow. New furniture is getting delivered tomorrow, too, and oh, I could not be more excited (unless I got there to find a Led Zeppelin concert in my new living room). I can't wait to cook in my enormous new kitchen (with its awesome gas range), chill out in the backyard, pull into the garage, hang out on the new couch, and bask in all that glorious space. It's going to be spectacular.

Next up: planning a housewarming party! Ooh, that's going to consume my thoughts for the next month or so. Better finish packing and moving before I start drawing up those plans!

1 comment:

Gail Dixon said...

It looks like you wrote this before the icing was put on the cake: getting locked out of your apartment today! Oh, my. The thought of Callie turning that deadbolt lock from INSIDE with her PAWS is too amazing for words. Hope you're all better now.