Friday, May 23, 2008

Friday music recommendation #2

Thanks to a song that came up on shuffle this morning, my planned Friday music recommendation had to be scrapped. Because of that song -- which almost made me forget that I was on my way to work -- I had to come here and give some love to one of my favorite bands of the last couple years. OK Go, please step into the spotlight.

Remember "Here It Goes Again," and the video with the treadmills? Oh, that's only the beginning of the awesomeness. I bought that album, Oh No, and couldn't stop listening to it for months. Then I discovered their first, self-titled album, and while it took me a little while to warm to it, I think I like it even better than their second now. How can you resist insanely catchy songs like "Don't Ask Me"? (Perfect for the dreaded morning commute!)



...or "Get Over It"?



...Then there's the unabashedly dorky dancing on "A Million Ways." I love that these guys don't take themselves too seriously. It's kinda hard these days to find artists who aren't annoyingly self-important.



I could add videos all day, but if you like what you hear here, check out "It's A Disaster," "Let It Rain," and "Crash the Party," too. And don't resist the urge to do a little dorky dance.

No comments: