Friday, May 30, 2008

Friday music recommendation #3

How has it been a week already since my last recommendation? I know it was a short work week due to the holiday, but still! I'd like this whole 'passage of time' thing to take a little breather. It's bumming me out.

Today, I'm going to recommend a band I just discovered a couple months ago through a glowing review of their latest album, Lust Lust Lust. They're a Danish duo called The Raveonettes. Their sound is really interesting -- a lot of dark, sleepy vocals, pretty harmonies, and electronic noise. The songs are deceptively simple, repetitive and almost trance-like, but they're built so expertly that you find yourself completely enthralled. The arrangements are spectacular, sparse and sexy; this is great atmospheric music. It would most certainly be great mood music for an intimate party. Here are three of my favorite songs from Lust Lust Lust - enjoy!

"Aly, Walk With Me"


"Dead Sound"


"Lust"

3 comments:

Gail Dixon said...

Didn't you play this gorup on the way to Baton Rouge? I had forgotten about them.

The first song, "Aly, Walk With Me", is really seductive. They all are really, but I think that's my favorite so far. My iTunes gift card is coming in very handy!

Thanks for the recommendations. Good one!

Gail Dixon said...

group, not gorup. LOL!

Gail Dixon said...

Guess what is downloading right now to my ipod? Yep, Lust Lust Lust. I can't wait to hear it all. Thanks for the recommendation. You have excellent taste.