Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Parade of evil

I have a problem. Specifically, a cockroach problem.

Specifically, roaches appearing in my bathtub just about every other day. You know what's a barrel of laughs? Pulling aside your shower curtain to see this beauty:



It's gotten so bad that I brace myself every time I have to take a shower, knowing I'll probably find a three-inch chunk of pure evil lurking there (note: measurement not inclusive of antennae length). If I didn't hate being dirty, I'd go on a shower strike.

The worst part? I don't know if they're coming from above or below. See, there's a light fixture above my tub. It has eerie, dark recesses, a perfect hiding place for stealthy critters. If they're coming from above, a roach could drop onto my head while I'm in the shower. I may never recover from something so unspeakably horrible. But they could also be coming from the drain. Then a roach might crawl up my leg while I'm showering. I'm not sure which option would be worse.


I think it's the drain, though. Any tips on eradicating vermin from your pipes? Anyone? Bueller?

2 comments:

Gail Dixon said...

LOL, you couldn't have survived Louisiana! I grew up with those detestable things. Every time I see one it reminds me of the time my roommate was giving me a perm and a cockroach the size of a small bird flew into the rollers. I swear that sucker dive bombed me. Horrible creatures! I hate them so much. Mimi's apt complex came out and drilled holes in the baseboards and sprayed some kind of chemical in there and she hasn't seen them since. Try to keep food put away and keep things as clean and neat as possible. Here is a helpful link from Wiki http://www.wikihow.com/Get-Rid-of-Roaches Good luck!

Lisa said...

Horrid thought! Yes, I would think they came from the drain. If I remember right, from my years in Texas, they are especially likely to crawl out of the pipes at this time of year. I never learned how to get rid of them. I just screamed and my husband took over from there....