Sunday, October 26, 2008

Senseless

Arkansas TV anchor dies days after attack

Anne Pressly's dorm room was two doors down from mine freshman year. I didn't know her very well -- she was in a sorority and hung around with a different crowd -- but she was always nice to me. She seemed to lead a charmed life. She was beautiful, popular, confident, and extremely close to her family. Apparently, she continued to do well for herself after graduation, with a local TV anchor gig in Little Rock, Arkansas and a small part in the movie W. To think that all of that could be taken away in one night of senseless violence is so upsetting. She had so much left to accomplish, so many years left with her family. I can't even begin to imagine what hell they're going through. It makes me so angry, so sad for everyone who knew her.

Rest in peace, Anne. My heart goes out to your loved ones.

1 comment:

Gail Dixon said...

This was senseless and brutal. I don't know what the world is coming to. Boy, it's been sad news upon sad news this weekend, hasn't it?